The videos above are the first three in a list which I call, "Catching up with North Carolina." Click on the bold letters to see videos.
- Moral Monday Begins: Historians Join Clergy in Civil Disobedience Protest
- Record Crowd at Moral Monday 10
Heart of Moral Monday: Behind the scenes look at the movement and Southern, Christian roots
Proposed voting restrictions in North Carolina through the eyes of a no-nonsense, former chair of the Guilford County Board of Elections
Republican Rep. David Lewis interviewed moments after new voting restrictions approved by NC House
- Democratic Sen. Josh Stein debates against new voting restrictions
- Thankful Tuesday, GOP response to Moral Monday, July 16, 2013
- GOP Senator Responds to Protests
Economist Often Cited by Republican Legislators
- "I am a conservative Christian" Rev. Barber speech to church in Appalachia
Rev. Barber May 20, 2013: Best articulation of why they are protesting
- The Third Reconstruction: Rev. Barber's historical framework for North Carolina's and America's struggle
"Honor the Oath" Tea Party Rally on Jan 9, 2013 kicking off new session of NC General Assembly with Republican super majority in both houses and the Governor's office. Our first NC video.
- Moral Monday June 10 (great singing in this one)
Moral Monday: June 24, 2013
- Rev. Barber speaks to fellow Christians at conference in NC Mountains
- 3 Arrested; Media Expelled (including me) from North Carolina Governor's Office
- NC Senate Debates Abortion 2-hour debate condensed to 33 minutes
Check out this illuminating article by David Zucchino of the LA Times about the battle over voting restrictions in North Carolina. Also, David Graham writes for The Atlantic on the many issues on which North Carolina is turning hard to the right.
Please support Story of America with a tax deductible donation.